jeudi 11 juillet 2013

Trip to the United-States: what to buy there?

Hello everyone, 

As you may know (or not), I am planning to go to the USA from July 27th until August 16th and was wondering WHAT should I bring back to France with me? 
(I will be travelling from NYC to Orlando, with stops in Washington DC and Knoxville)

I know there are A LOT more bands/books/comics merch there and already plan to go to Hot Topic.. But WHICH SHOP should I go to? The one in Brooklyn, NYC? The one in Orlando, in Washington? Please tell me which one is the best (or if you know only one of these, tell me if it's worth it!)

Then, I'd also like to buy The Mortal Instruments merch that isn't available in France (we only have TMI CoB, CoA, CoG, CoFA & CoLS + TID The Clockwork Angel here, nothing else)... So where could I find the Shadowhunters and Downworlders book for example? Or exclusive movie merch?

If you have others ideas (of non-merch or -TMI stuff), or places where I should go to, I am also interested! 

PLEASE take a few minutes to answer to this article, I would be SOOO grateful, you'll never know how much it'll mean to me! Thank you so much, love from France to all the American people out there :D 

xxx

Laurie

3 commentaires:

  1. Hi Laurie. :)

    I'm from the USA, and I'm not quite sure what you're talking about when you say the "Shadowhunters and Downworlders" book. I'm a big fan of all of Cassie's work, and I've never heard of it. If you're talking about the Shadowhunters codex, it's still not available in the USA until September.

    As for TID, we have the Clockwork Prince and the Clockwork Princess here in the USA. You can buy them at any book store, I would recommend Barnes and Noble. There is one in NYC.

    As for movie merch, I would say that Hot Topic is probably the best. And have you been to a Hot Topic? I don't know if you have them in France, but they're a little...weird. I don't know what your style is, but Hot Topic can be intimidating. It has lots of people with dyed hair and piercings and tattoos and punk stuff. It's totally a cool place and you should definitely check it out, but it can be a little scary. Just don't be intimidated, I promise the people there are really nice.

    And you should definitely check out the one in NYC. The stores in New York are always bigger and better.

    While you're in New York, I would recommend checking out Dylan's Candy Bar. It's a candy store, but even if you don't want to buy any candy it's totally a cool place. All the walls are fun pastel colors and they have every candy imaginable!

    I hope you have fun on your trip to the US!

    ~ Jamie

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. THANK YOU very much, I'll try to check out the Hot Topic store in NYC then. We don't have these in France but I'm not afraid of "weird" people, I actually love them ;-)

      'Shadowhunters and Downworlders' is a book edited by Cassie with YA authors short stories or writings about the series : http://www.amazon.com/Shadowhunters-Downworlders-Mortal-Instruments-Reader/dp/1937856224

      I just googled "Dylan's Candy Bar"... seems to be awesome, thank you for the tip, it's really nice of you!

      Supprimer
  2. J'AI TOUT NOTE (et tout googlé muahaha).
    Thank you very much, the Journey Store seems to be verrrry interesting ^^

    RépondreSupprimer